2020 Escape 19 build discussion - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-15-2020, 04:37 PM   #61

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Ron,
I believe that faucet is the one in the maple interior. Escape called and asked if I wanted one and I did and have the same as shown, although I have the oak interior.. It has a pull down hose with 2 spray heads, a lot nicer that what I have at home!
I've been told it is standard in all of them now (oak and maple.)
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 04:43 PM   #62

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoda View Post
I guess my main (very layperson) question is should I have them just make it "convection ready" , not have the inverter installed or factory microwave and then have Camping World or someone immediately install a 2000 or 3000 watt inverter and wiring? If so, any idea the labor cost of such a secondary install?
Do you feel you will be using the microwave a lot when you are not plugged in (boon docking / dry camping)?

If so do you have enough battery / solar power planned?

I think when boon docking / dry camping you can get by with the 1500 watt for quick microwave items, but I don't see that you will be able to use the convection oven unless you have electrical hookups.

We do like the convection oven and we make use of the microwave quite a bit when plugged in. When I did my build sheet I thought that ETI wired it to the inverter, when I found out that they didn't I inquired and was told that it would be very hard on the batteries, but if I wanted to wire it up to the inverter I could just wire it to the ground fault nearby. We don't do a lot of boon docking, but we dry camp quite a bit when traveling and having a microwave wired to the inverter would be nice.

Not everyone has the same needs/wants. We have medical reasons for warming a couple things and the microwave does makes it easier. One of these days I will likely wire it up to the inverter.

Does anyone know if ETI wires their microwave to the inverter? It appears the ETI Microwave is 950 watts, mine is 1000 watts.
Old 06-15-2020, 04:46 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Your unit was manufactured 2 or so months before ours. Was your kitchen faucet shown in the photo standard at the time or special order?

Our unit, built shortly after, has a different model or brand that has been problematic. Just trying to get info on what types have been supplied in the past.

Ron
I see Jim answered your question better than I could have. Yes, the faucet is stock but the sink is a larger special order.
Old 06-15-2020, 04:48 PM   #64

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
Does anyone know if ETI wires their microwave to the inverter? It appears the ETI Microwave is 950 watts, mine is 1000 watts.
Yes, ETI will wire the microwave they install to the 1500 watt Go Power inverter they install.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 04:48 PM   #65

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Do you feel you will be using the microwave a lot when you are not plugged in (boon docking / dry camping)?

If so do you have enough battery / solar power planned?

I think when boon docking / dry camping you can get by with the 1500 watt for quick microwave items, but I don't see that you will be able to use the convection oven unless you have electrical hookups.

We do like the convection oven and we make use of the microwave quite a bit when plugged in. When I did my build sheet I thought that ETI wired it to the inverter, when I found out that they didn't I inquired and was told that it would be very hard on the batteries, but if I wanted to wire it up to the inverter I could just wire it to the ground fault nearby. We don't do a lot of boon docking, but we dry camp quite a bit when traveling and having a microwave wired to the inverter would be nice.

Not everyone has the same needs/wants. We have medical reasons for warming a couple things and the microwave does makes it easier. One of these days I will likely wire it up to the inverter.

Does anyone know if ETI wire their microwave to the inverter? It appears the ETI is 950 watts, mine is 1000 watts.
Unless they have changed things since 2017, the stock microwave is 700 watts. To have it installed requires the 6V battery pair replacement for the single 12V.

Since the simple inverter install powers only a single independent receptacle, most that want a microwave also go for the full house system that includes a transfer switch.
Old 06-15-2020, 05:18 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
Unless they have changed things since 2017, the stock microwave is 700 watts. To have it installed requires the 6V battery pair replacement for the single 12V.
I thought I saw somewhere that it was 950 watts, but I might be mistaken.

We do have the "all outlets" inverter. This works for us as Colleen works on the road with a computer and two screens, I use a laptop, and we do run the instant pot both inside and outside all off the inverter. Our batteries have only been close to 50% once and that was in February after a few days without hookups and running the furnace and her working.

We do like the convection/microwave, but had I known then what I am about the wattage use I would have gone with the ETI inverter wired microwave and forebear the convection oven. I thought our salesperson knew we planned to use the microwave when we talked about the inverter, but we may not have been on the same page.
Old 06-15-2020, 05:20 PM   #67

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
Thank you!

How wide and tall is the opening without the microwave installed?
Sorry, just got over to storage today. Effie’s measurements are same as ours height of opening is 11.5 x 18.5 width.

Pics of drawers added under ps dinette with optional door and under bed.
Attached Thumbnails
0E7D0B91-6332-427D-BB74-4B0057D7DDB4a.jpeg   1B8289B9-46A9-4561-92E2-B225E12C5326a.jpeg   612C79DB-3765-4F40-B0DB-951A8862643Ca.jpeg   C6378DBB-CD2E-4D9C-BFE6-0BD3A8F7DB2D.jpeg  
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 05:24 PM   #68

Quote:
I thought I saw somewhere that it was 950 watts, but I might be mistaken.

We do have the "all outlets" inverter. This works for us as Colleen works on the road with a computer and two screens, I use a laptop, and we do run the instant pot both inside and outside all off the inverter. Our batteries have only been close to 50% once and that was in February after a few days without hookups and running the furnace and her working.

We do like the convection/microwave, but had I known then what I am about the wattage use I would have gone with the ETI inverter wired microwave and forebear the convection oven. I thought our salesperson knew we planned to use the microwave when we talked about the inverter, but we may not have been on the same page.
The current ETI installed microwave is the 700 watt RCA Model# RMW733.
Old 06-15-2020, 05:26 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Sorry, just got over to storage today. Effie’s measurements are same as ours height of opening is 11.5 x 18.5 width.

Pics of drawers added under ps dinette with optional door and under bed.
Thank you! Did you make the drawers yourself? What slides did you use for the long under bed drawers?
Old 06-15-2020, 06:05 PM   #70

Dovetail, maple drawers got at:https://www.cabinetdoorworld.com/dovetail-drawer-boxes/

Under mount PS side slides got at Rockler*https://www.rockler.com/retail/store...mpaign=phoenix

The underbed slides were 500lb rated and I believe these are the ones I got:https://www.ovisonline.com/36-Drawer...eavy-Duty.aspx
I ended up using them under mount which allowed me to go with wider drawers.

Had about $375 into it with all three custom drawers and slides.
They definitely raise the level of usability of the 19 significantly.
Old 06-15-2020, 11:30 PM   #71

Trailer: 2022 21C, our second Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
Thanks to everyone who provided feedback, and help with measurements. Here's my current Build Sheet.

Maple wood
Mill Creek Axle Flooring
Silver Shalestone Formica
Chinchilla Ultra Leather Fabric
Battleship Grey Graphics

LOL, that is identical to the “Inventory 17’A” on the website... which we bought and will soon have delivered. Is that how you got the combination? I think Escape did a very nice job putting these colors together and I can’t wait to see ours in person.
Small but Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 11:34 PM   #72

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Ronn: I wonder if you can just leverage the power level options while on the inverter? You have 10 choices with the model you have. Dependng on exactly how it behaves it could essentially be adjustable wattage. Would just have to be conscientious of settings when using on the inverter.
Attached Thumbnails
18B7B984-6E7F-41B0-AC2C-5E603D5C9C76.jpg  
Old 06-16-2020, 06:49 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small but Sweet View Post
LOL, that is identical to the “Inventory 17’A” on the website... which we bought and will soon have delivered. Is that how you got the combination? I think Escape did a very nice job putting these colors together and I can’t wait to see ours in person.
Congratulations on your new Escape 17A.

We knew up front we wanted the Maple interior. We decided almost immediately that we wanted the Mill Creek Axle flooring. Our fabric choices came down to Chinchilla Ultra Leather, Summit Ash, and Monroe Steel. Our Formica choices were Portico Marble, Silver Shalestone, and Mineral Jet. My wife decided on Black edge trim, which does differ from your 17A. We asked ETI to send us samples of each of those.

In the mean time, Karl, Samuel, and Harrison started doing their live streams. The showroom 19 in their live streams had the Mill Creek Axle flooring, Chinchilla Ultra Leather, Silver Shalestone, with black trim. We had pretty much decided on the flooring, fabric and trim after watching those.

We were still debating between the Silver Shalestone and Mineral Jet Formica. My wife was concerned the Chinchilla Ultra Leather fabric and the Mineral Jet Formica would be to dark. I was still up in the air until we got the samples. Once we got the samples the Mineral Jet Formica had too much brown in it for my taste. So we went with Silver Shalestone Formica.

The Silver Shalestone still has a little tan in it which ties it in with the wood. The grey and black not tying into the wood was my designer daughter's concern when just seeing photos. After she saw the samples she gave her approval of the complete color pallet.
Old 06-16-2020, 08:22 AM   #74

Quote:
Dovetail, maple drawers got at:https://www.cabinetdoorworld.com/dovetail-drawer-boxes/

Under mount PS side slides got at Rockler*https://www.rockler.com/retail/store...mpaign=phoenix

The underbed slides were 500lb rated and I believe these are the ones I got:https://www.ovisonline.com/36-Drawer...eavy-Duty.aspx
I ended up using them under mount which allowed me to go with wider drawers.

Had about $375 into it with all three custom drawers and slides.
They definitely raise the level of usability of the 19 significantly.
Thank you for the links!!!
Old 06-16-2020, 09:18 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Ronn: I wonder if you can just leverage the power level options while on the inverter? You have 10 choices with the model you have. Dependng on exactly how it behaves it could essentially be adjustable wattage. Would just have to be conscientious of settings when using on the inverter.
Thanks Dave, I assumed the microwave power options were the amount of time the microwave ran at full (950 watts). At 50% it runs full power for so many seconds then runs 0 power for an equal amount of time. That is the way my home microwave works. I will check this out though.

I believe the microwave that actually does cut the power is called an inverter microwave. tdf-texas and Vermilye have the inverter microwave.
Old 06-16-2020, 09:35 AM   #76

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Thanks Dave, I assumed the microwave power options were the amount of time the microwave ran at full (950 watts). At 50% it runs full power for so many seconds then runs 0 power for an equal amount of time. That is the way my home microwave works. I will check this out though.

I believe the microwave that actually does cut the power is called an inverter microwave. tdf-texas and Vermilye have the inverter microwave.
I believe you are correct. I put a Kill-A-Watt meter on my home microwave and it is behaving as you describe by cycling the amount of time at full power. Still might be worth checking just to be sure. If you have the Progressive Industries EMS you can easily see the amp draw when running it at various settings.
Old 06-16-2020, 09:55 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
I believe you are correct. I put a Kill-A-Watt meter on my home microwave and it is behaving as you describe by cycling the amount of time at full power. Still might be worth checking just to be sure. If you have the Progressive Industries EMS you can easily see the amp draw when running it at various settings.
I will double check, but either way I am now planning to go ahead and wire it to the inverter. Generally when we are not plugged in the daily usage would be maybe 5 minutes and not all at one time.
Old 06-18-2020, 11:21 AM   #78

Build Sheet Signed!

My build sheet is signed, here is the final version.

Maple wood, Mill Creek Axle #4182 flooring, Silver Shalestone #9307-58 Formica with Black trim, Chinchilla Ultra Leather #6009 fabric, Battleship Gray #870 graphics.

Fridge (6 Cubic Foot)
Foot Flush Toilet
Toilet Shut Off Valve
Exterior Shower Passenger Side
Dual 6V Batteries Escape Supplied
190W Solar Panel with Charge Controller
Surge Protector
Removable Power Cord
Air Conditioner with Digital Thermostat (Dometic 11,000 BTU)
Keyless Door Lock
TV/Cable Ready with 120V Outlet
Window in Bathroom (Opening, Framed, Thermal)
Window in Kitchen (Opening, Framed, Thermal)
High Lift Axle
Double Step Entry Step
Cabinet Door at End of Bench
Exterior Propane Quick Connect with 12' Propane Hose and Adapter
Storage Box
Springfield Marine Pedestal for Dinette Table Slider Installed
One additional 12 volt outlet on bed side of kitchen / bed wall
Two additional Exterior LED lights front and rear
AMBER lens on all four exterior lights
Drawer under Wardrobe Closet
One Wardrobe shelf centered, I will add more adjustable shelves
Two 8 1/2" x 18" counter top extensions one on each of the bedroom walls
Full Wrap on Cushions and 3 additional yards of fabric
DO NOT INSTALL Solar and EMS remote displays leave in cabinet
DO NOT INSTALL handles on doors beneath fridge, bed, and dinette (may use doors as drawer fronts)
Stainless Steel Backsplash
Heat Pads Ready - run wires to beneath trailer and coil, do toggles etc inside trailer like normal
12V Drop - inside DS OH cabinet beside fridge wired to stereo 12V dedicated line
Two 8' pieces of Maple outside corner trim
One 4'x4' sheet of Maple paneling
Additional 13"x15" counter extension - DO NOT INSTALL to be used as drop leaf at 'pointy end' of dinette table
REINFORCE W1 and W5 - W1 (kitchen / bed) required for bedside counter extension, W5 (bathroom wall facing door), to allow grab rail in the bathroom in the future.
MODIFY KITCHEN CABINET under cooktop to accommodate Cx provided Convection Oven.
Two Filled Propane Tanks
X - Chocks

Thanks for everyone's input, pictures, and measurements, it was all a lot of help.
Old 06-18-2020, 11:24 AM   #79

Very nice.
Old 06-18-2020, 11:26 AM   #80

Quote:
Very nice.
Thank you! I'm excited, can't wait to pick it up.

An extra thanks for the photos, measurements and the drawer links.

Tags
introduction