Bye, bye Amazon..... - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-07-2022, 06:59 PM   #61

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhead View Post
Totally agree with you on the coors beer people say it taste like cow tinkle wouldn’t know haven’t tasted it but the taste is disgusting ��
Grasshopper, the true karate kid and actual winner of the tournament drinks coors beer.

Cobra Kai…
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 07:28 PM   #62

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmalk View Post
Back in the pre-historic days of my ill-spent college experience, Coors was the hot item. Some of my friends even wasted their vacations driving back East with cases of the stuff (this is before Coors was national). I tasted it once and have never been tempted to swallow another sip.
I agree!.. when I was in the military, a common occurrence for pilots would be to go west and come back with Coors...They made a big hairy ass deal about this beer, only available west of the Mississippi at the time. I was a mere enlisted guy. As soon as I tasted it (a couple of years later)... I lost respect for pilots.. they bought into the marketing/scarcity hype..
Old 02-08-2022, 06:21 AM   #63

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
These comments reminds me of the movie "Smokey and the Bandit" about taking beer across state lines......
Old 02-08-2022, 07:00 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofmerc View Post
I agree!.. when I was in the military, a common occurrence for pilots would be to go west and come back with Coors...They made a big hairy ass deal about this beer, only available west of the Mississippi at the time. I was a mere enlisted guy. As soon as I tasted it (a couple of years later)... I lost respect for pilots.. they bought into the marketing/scarcity hype..
I believe when Coors first came out, they did not pasteurize it, thus creating it's distinctive taste. This meant that it had to be kept cold at all times to prevent spoilage.
Old 02-08-2022, 08:00 AM   #65

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Senior status has created in me a great way to get my beauty sleep. It just takes one or two cans of beer. or 8 ounces of wine, and I am down. There are disadvantages of course, like trying to stay awake for my favorite tv crime shows to end. When dear one insists on watching ballroom ice skating it works great. The good news is I have discovered zero alcohol beer. My hands down favorite is a can of Heineken's. Great taste, less filling.
Old 02-08-2022, 08:41 AM   #66

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Senior status has created in me a great way to get my beauty sleep. It just takes one or two cans of beer. or 8 ounces of wine, and I am down. There are disadvantages of course, like trying to stay awake for my favorite tv crime shows to end. When dear one insists on watching ballroom ice skating it works great. The good news is I have discovered zero alcohol beer. My hands down favorite is a can of Heineken's. Great taste, less filling.
Best commercials ever. Miller Lite, "Tastes great, Less Filling"
Old 02-08-2022, 09:31 AM   #67

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I just bought 8 oz of Neatsfoot oil from Amazon. Will be here in 2 days, and $4 cheaper than availability on eBay. Amazon-ing!
Old 02-08-2022, 09:44 AM   #68

Quote:
I just bought 8 oz of Neatsfoot oil from Amazon. Will be here in 2 days, and $4 cheaper than availability on eBay. Amazon-ing!
They do make it so convenient, I'm having a hard time weaning myself away.....
Old 02-08-2022, 11:08 AM   #69

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Quote:
My most recent Amazon purchase: 200 small wire ties for $4, vs $26 at Home Depot. Just floored me...
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 04:56 PM   #70

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Never been to Costco, perhaps they are a regional thing. We have a Sam's Club which may be similar....
Mistake! Sam's Club is nothing like Costco.

Costco works on an 11% to 14% profit margin and always strives to improve the quality of their products, over the competition.

They almost always offer a better deal on what you are going to buy, IF they carry it.

I love Costco and their strategy. Their return policy is exceptional.

When we go to places like Hawaii, Costco is often the only place to find reasonable prices for the same wonderful quality.

Meat wholesalers, which Costco is one of, are not allowed to test for e. coli. As per the contract with the meat supplier. Costco was the only wholesaler to say 'screw that'. They test their meet. Two years ago this came out. It may have changed since then.

Costco rocks! Remember, Sam's Club is Walmart.

Not sure I am going forward with my Amazon Prime account. I do love it, but this is too much.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 05:48 PM   #71

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Our prime account just renewed today, still only $88 with tax, nice to have something cheaper in Canada. When covid hit we reduced our out of town shopping (most of it except pharmacy and some groceries must be) and ordered a lot from Amazon and still do not to Jim's extent though. We regularly buy our favourite coffee there and often it's only $9.99 compared to 15-16 in grocery stores.

Costco is great, as mentioned especially for returns. We returned a washer and dryer we had used for six months. In the last two years we've bought fridge, stove, and TV from Costco.ca and enjoy the rewards not only with executive membership which more than pays for itself plus the Costco capital one card (soon to be CIBC) has cash back plus we now use it extensively while in the US as the exchange rate is great. Filling with Costco gas is not only considerable cheaper on on our travels but I can just fill the tank instead of having to prepay in the US- no the numbers in our postal code do not work at the pump.

When we get back home later in the month I'm going for hearing aids at Costco, their price is excellent and I'm sure the service will be as well.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 06:22 PM   #72

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
When we get back home later in the month I'm going for hearing aids at Costco, their price is excellent and I'm sure the service will be as well.
It is my understanding that the Kirkland Signature 10.0 aids are only one evolutionary step below the latest-and-greatest technology... in other words, quite the bargain compared to most hearing aid providers. If the ones I have quite working, I plan to go to Costco instead of back to my old audiologist.
Old 02-08-2022, 06:29 PM   #73

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Huh? Speak up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
I agree with you......and we sort of rave on Costco. Bought 3 cars via their service, tires, batteries, vacation rental car reservations and I'm very happy with their services and products. I just wish they wouldn't move products around the store, as is the retail fashion these days. Seek...and ye shall find.....maybe, sometimes.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 06:48 PM   #74

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Been in Costco a couple times, Sam’s club a few years ago, Walmart in December for about 10 minutes, Kmart closed up and left town, Sears too. It’s a wonder I get by from year to year. I’ve drank most beers sold in Iowa since it was $.89 a six pack. And now I only drink two beers. The first one and the last one. And only two kinds, cold and free. Not as much as I used to. Our family made grape wine and rhubarb wine every year. Had guests here for Christmas, she brought a bottle of Piestengel and a bottle of red. Tasty.
Iowa Dave
Old 02-08-2022, 11:22 PM   #75

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I'd really like to buy something. Got the money. Can't think of anything I want or need.
Old 02-09-2022, 06:52 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I'd really like to buy something. Got the money. Can't think of anything I want or need.
You have reached the age of "Contentment" ....... Glenn..........
Old 02-09-2022, 07:22 AM   #77

Trailer: 21
That or he’s just procrastinating on buying a new toy
Old 02-09-2022, 09:08 AM   #78

Interesting observation, with cancelling my "Prime" I'm still entitled to free shipping, it just takes longer for delivery. No overnight or next day, just have to wait 3-4 days and shipping is waived?
Unless critical, I can wait.....
Old 02-09-2022, 09:39 AM   #79

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Interesting observation, with cancelling my "Prime" I'm still entitled to free shipping, it just takes longer for delivery. No overnight or next day, just have to wait 3-4 days and shipping is waived?
Unless critical, I can wait.....
Bingo, now you're catching on!

Yep, it does require a meeting minimum order amount, but that doesn't seem a likely problem in your case
Old 02-09-2022, 09:56 AM   #80

Actually Amazon is waiving the $25 minimum order also. Six of my last orders were all less than $25, shipping was free if you choose 2-3 day delivery? Time will tell......