Quality Reduction + 10% Price Increase = - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-12-2021, 07:26 PM   #81

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcboyd View Post
And you are a good moderator. Thank you!
agree!
Old 07-12-2021, 08:25 PM   #82

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
I am lost in all of this. I can liken myself to my dog, she is totally confused by aggression from another dog. She just wants to play.
Old 07-12-2021, 08:31 PM   #83

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
A good moderator takes care of that too.
Ridiculous, a decent moderator would’ve let the same few snarky nasties know willyb had every right to make two valid points and they need to stop attacking those that post on here.

Instead those that don’t appreciate the nasty attacks are put aside, even escape themselves addressed this problem thats on here. He is making important life decisions and came to this place with his concerns.

There was no need at all for him to be attacked in the first place, but this forum has accepted this hatefulness as the norm.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 08:46 PM   #84

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
willyb had every right to make two valid points and they need to stop attacking those that post on here.
Honestly, people feeling an urge to snark should probably pass, but the original post in this thread was written deliberately to generate exactly those kinds of responses. I think the OP got exactly the responses from the snarkers that he was looking for.

It's a classic "just askin' questions" question from someone who is not actually asking a question, but making a point.

"Help me understand this equation" = not a serious question. Someone not trolling would have written: I've grown concerned about ETI quality issues given several posts here and now I see that prices for US customers are going up nearly 10% for 2022. Do you think ETI still represents a good value, or should I look at other options? How concerned are you with current quality rumors?

But yeah, the community would feel friendlier if people just gave a straight answer to the non-question, or passed it on by.
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 09:12 PM   #85

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyG View Post
Honestly, people feeling an urge to snark should probably pass, but the original post in this thread was written deliberately to generate exactly those kinds of responses. I think the OP got exactly the responses from the snarkers that he was looking for.

It's a classic "just askin' questions" question from someone who is not actually asking a question, but making a point.

"Help me understand this equation" = not a serious question. Someone not trolling would have written: I've grown concerned about ETI quality issues given several posts here and now I see that prices for US customers are going up nearly 10% for 2022. Do you think ETI still represents a good value, or should I look at other options? How concerned are you with current quality rumors?

But yeah, the community would feel friendlier if people just gave a straight answer to the non-question, or passed it on by.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 10:34 PM   #86
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
I will only add that moderating isn't as easy as some might suggest. We try to be as impartial as possible, and use as light a touch as the rules permit. We're human and we do on occasion make a mistake. When we do, we try to make it right.

The group of people I have the pleasure of calling my fellow moderators are some of the most friendly, gracious and good-natured people you'd ever want to meet. It's tiresome and disappointing when we're portrayed as unreasonable or unfair - for whatever reason.

When issues arise here it's almost inevitably how something is said rather than what is said. Tone is everything. Just being nice goes much farther than you might imagine.
Old 07-12-2021, 10:36 PM   #87

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
seems like some posters are just trying to stir the pot, some who have complained about being criticized for some rather harsh statements begging the question. Now your attacking the very fine moderators we have on this forum, you'll get no sympathy from the vast majority of use who've been here a while and appreciate the work they do. There are disagreements in any forum. We were all newbies once and many of the posters who have been here long before have helped many owners including me. Quality is subjective, problems will exist in manufacturers , the bottom line is buy one or not.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 11:29 PM   #88

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Hopefully, this can put a bow on this thread - but probably not:

In case anyone missed it from another thread (“Ambassadors”), the OP has now toured four Escape trailers in person. After visiting 2 models on the first day, they were so impressed with Escape they placed a deposit for a unit of their own that very day. I don’t want to speak for them, but from all indications they are now very enthusiastic members of the Future Owners of Escape Trailers Club. The level of praise for Escape trailers they provided after having the opportunity to see them in person gave us strong confirmation that we chose the right path in putting down a deposit ourselves a few months ago.

As to the original question, it’s pretty simple. We have an extremely high - record breaking - demand for all RVs putting extreme pressure on RV manufacturers and appliance vendors across the board. The pandemic has crippled supply chains for just about every industry to an extent rarely seen before. Production flow has been chaotic, and it wouldn’t be surprising if maintaining a stable workforce has been a challenge. All this combines to inflate price levels while quality standards wobble. Add to this the fact that, as surmised by other more informed posters on this forum, there seems to have been a sort of “price correction” for US customers this time around (after our Canadian neighbors felt the brunt of the previous price hike) and - bingo - here we are. Yee-haw.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 11:37 PM   #89

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Thank you.
Old 07-13-2021, 02:09 PM   #90

Trailer: 2012 E19
I read the Ambassadors thread and compared it to this one. My take: it's way too easy for posts to "come off" differently than the poster intended. What sounds snarky isn't always meant that way.

So, does this mean we should only assume snark if it's from Glenn? He has a reputation to maintain, after all...

Old 07-13-2021, 02:28 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
So, does this mean we should only assume snark if it's from Glenn? He has a reputation to maintain, after all...

My comments are generally a humorous way to make a point. Some get it and some don't. Those who don't seem to get really riled up.
That's the way I see it.
Old 07-13-2021, 02:36 PM   #92

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Glenn has a wealth of historical Escape knowledge and it comes in handy sometimes....
Old 07-13-2021, 02:41 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Glenn has a wealth of historical Escape knowledge and it comes in handy sometimes....

Not that I remember . .
Old 07-13-2021, 02:42 PM   #94

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
He is also very glad to share that knowledge, sometimes..........
Old 07-13-2021, 03:41 PM   #95

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
I also appreciate Glenn’s help.

On our first ever towing experience a few weeks ago (a teardrop rental because there is some quantum force field at play between Escape owners and their trailers), Glenn’s check and packing lists were invaluable help. At no point in our trip did we find the trailer passing us by on the highway which I hear is good.

He must have published those before he got snarky. Ha ha.

Thank for letting me continue to pull this thread completely off topic.
Old 07-13-2021, 05:28 PM   #96

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I have learned some things from Glenn. I made a tactical error the first time I went to Canada to the Osoyoos rally. I only crossed the border with about 1/2 the beer I could have taken in. Then my cheap side had sticker shock when I had to restock beer mid rally. Later I learned from Glenn you with take all you can legally enter with or if stateside, all you can haul without violating GVW, tongue weight limits, International Monetary Fund limits, Hops Tax etc.etc. Thanks for that tip Glenn.
Showed the old beater 21 to a potential new Escape buyer today. He liked the airplane door and so do we.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-13-2021, 07:58 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I learned from Glenn you take all you can legally enter with or if stateside, all you can haul without violating GVW, tongue weight limits, International Monetary Fund limits, Hops Tax etc.etc. Thanks for that tip Glenn.
Iowa Dave

Sorry if you've already seen my fridge.
Attached Thumbnails
beer fridge.jpg  
Old 07-13-2021, 09:02 PM   #98

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
As a near-border dweller who enjoys the parts of Ontario north of Lake Superior, I can agree that it is a good idea to bring along whatever beer one likes when coming from the US.

I once visited Ontario with two friends. They were feeling in a bit of a party mood when we arrived and consumed all the beer. The next morning Ken checked his stocks and remarked "Oh man, the raccoons drank all my beer." Ken and Kurt decamped to The Beer Store. On return Ken remarked that he hadn't expected to take out a second mortgage like that for beer on the trip.
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 09:40 PM   #99

A dozen used to be craft beer ( Okanagan Spring Pale Ale ) here is $22 CAD or 17.60 USD in BC Liquor Stores. They also sell Bud Light, but I've never priced it. I have bought Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in Oregon and it was $11.99 USD for a six-pack. Likely could have got a 24 of Bud for the same price.
Old 07-13-2021, 10:02 PM   #100

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Genuinely good beer in our area is routinely Nine or ten dollars American for a six these days. Bud is $22 a case now. I do not like it any more. Used to drink Bud exclusively. Then went for volume for a few years and didn’t care whether it was good or not. Now I’m old, can’t do the volume so I’ve gone to higher quality
for my preferred taste. I do like beer though. Had a Hoegaarden tonight.
Iowa Dave