Quality Reduction + 10% Price Increase = - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-11-2021, 11:40 AM   #61

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
Most of the forum members are here to learn or help others. A few are here to make snarky comments to anyone that attempts to do either.

Which is why I quit as a moderator here and rarely post anymore - I had had enough of putting up with the few.

This thread started out as a discussion on the quality of Escapes and now had transmuted to a discussion of snarky commenters.

Can we get back to the OP's subject - the nasty comments will always be here until the forum admin decides to make it stop.
There in lies the problem, the moderators have a personal relationship with the nasties, they allow this abuse to continue. Many on here, including myself have tried to stick to a information based format.

Whatever issues the nasties have, the continual condescending attacks get old, its not appreciated by some people.

I never did care for the turn the other cheek solution, so if the bully doesn’t like being poked back, then—-don’t start none won’t be none.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 12:03 PM   #62

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Except my experience is left unchallenged the snarky commenta remain. Challenged - give it back- then invariably the original snark and reply magically disappear.

This forum is touted as this Genteeel you will follow the rules...
The problem is there seems to be different rules for different people.
Old 07-11-2021, 01:02 PM   #63

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Get a handle on it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Except my experience is left unchallenged the snarky commenta remain. Challenged - give it back- then invariably the original snark and reply magically disappear.

Hi: Rossue...Two sets of rules is a historical constant. Having run afowl before I have been banned, cadjoled, and suggested to, to the point I think twice before replying!!!
Once...TWICE... Now I'll let you have it. LoL Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 02:35 PM   #64

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
There in lies the problem, the moderators have a personal relationship with the nasties, they allow this abuse to continue. Many on here, including myself have tried to stick to a information based format.

Whatever issues the nasties have, the continual condescending attacks get old, its not appreciated by some people.

I never did care for the turn the other cheek solution, so if the bully doesn’t like being poked back, then—-don’t start none won’t be none.
Now that seems snarky to me
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 02:37 PM   #65

Trailer: 21C Jan. 15, 2021
Well I am new here, have learned a lot from y’all folks. Have had a lot of fun working on my new trailer to make it personal. Yesterday I put switch next to the propane alarm as it was continuously alarming when the trailer is closed up. I guess it is still off gassing. It is stored under my carport, so it’s easy to work on. Wife is in there everyday saying “you know what I want next” when you get through with my last list.....
Dcboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 03:12 PM   #66
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
I can guarantee you that's not true. No one I personally know is a 'nastie.' I wouldn't put up with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post

No member knows which posts have been edited or deleted... unless it's their post, because there are NO breadcrumbs visible to the membership. Only mods/admins have visibility. So there seems to be a whole lot of assumptions made.

Can we please get back on topic. PLEASE.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 04:34 PM   #67

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Thumbs up

Thanks Donna........
Old 07-11-2021, 04:39 PM   #68

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I don’t know about anyone else but my old buddy CPA Harley has reprimanded me a couple times so I guess that zucchini diplomacy only goes so far. And I’m chuckling.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-11-2021, 04:56 PM   #69

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Simply put be nice
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 06:05 PM   #70

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:

Sorry Donna D, couldn't let this one slip by.

I don't know how the moderators came into this discussion but... I have worked with all the current moderators and you couldn't ask for a better group of people. Being a moderator is an unpaid volunteer position, they put in a lot of hours cleaning up and helping members with their posts and do a great job of keeping the forum going.

The forum admin and the owners of the website are the ones that make the big decisions and they are concerned more with increasing membership so advertising dollars can go up - not the day to day stuff or someone's feelings getting hurt.

So please. Praise the moderators for what they do - it's not them that allow the trolling.
Old 07-11-2021, 06:07 PM   #71

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Quote:

I don't know how the moderators came into this discussion but... I have worked with all the current moderators and you couldn't ask for a better group of people. Being a moderator is an unpaid volunteer position, they put in a lot of hours cleaning up and helping members with their posts and do a great job of keeping the forum going.

The forum admin and the owners of the website are the ones that make the big decisions and they are concerned more with increasing membership so advertising dollars can go up - not the day to day stuff or someone's feelings getting hurt.

So please. Praise the moderators for what they do - it's not them that allow the trolling.
I do not know what goes on behind the scene with the moderators, but have found Donna's interventions very astute and helpful. So, thank you very much for what you do!
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 06:17 PM   #72

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21C
Just for the record as a new member I couldn't agree more that the senior members have treated us new members respect. Without your knowledge and helpfulness I know I wouldn't stand a chance. With the repairs, upgrades, modifications, options, understanding the systems, and answering some stupid questions like " What is a weight Distribution Hitch? the forum members have been invaluable.
Escape trailers are great trailers and much of their reputation is due to its members.
Thanks to all for all of your help. We start our cross country trip to Sumas in 5 days.
Jim
Greatboatz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 06:22 PM   #73

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatboatz3 View Post
Just for the record as a new member I couldn't agree more that the senior members have treated us new members respect. Without your knowledge and helpfulness I know I wouldn't stand a chance. With the repairs, upgrades, modifications, options, understanding the systems, and answering some stupid questions like " What is a weight Distribution Hitch? the forum members have been invaluable.
Escape trailers are great trailers and much of their reputation is due to its members.
Thanks to all for all of your help. We start our cross country trip to Sumas in 5 days.
Jim
I agree
Old 07-11-2021, 08:42 PM   #74

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I can guarantee you that's not true. No one I personally know is a 'nastie.' I wouldn't put up with it.

No member knows which posts have been edited or deleted... unless it's their post, because there are NO breadcrumbs visible to the membership. Only mods/admins have visibility. So there seems to be a whole lot of assumptions made.

Can we please get back on topic. PLEASE.
Looks like some blood pressures need checked…
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 03:36 PM   #75

Trailer: Escape 5.0 T.A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
David,

Thank you for your response. You always have a positive way with your words.

I am looking at the Casitas as well. My only negative is you can't get tandem axles.
Having owned both I can say that the build quality between the Casita and Escape is not even close. Escape wins hands down.
Erik65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 05:20 PM   #76

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Mitt-Inn"
Quote:

No member knows which posts have been edited or deleted... unless it's their post, because there are NO breadcrumbs visible to the membership.
Not entirely true. It is typical to see an original (deleted) post shown as a quote in someone's subsequent reply.
J&B Mitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 05:23 PM   #77
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&B Mitt View Post
Not entirely true. It is typical to see an original (deleted) post shown as a quote in someone's subsequent reply.
A good moderator takes care of that too.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 05:26 PM   #78

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&B Mitt View Post
Also, anyone who gets e-mail notifications of new posts can have a copy of a post which is later deleted or modified, whether the member or a moderator makes the change.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 06:53 PM   #79

Quote:
A good moderator takes care of that too.

And you are a good moderator. Thank you!
Old 07-12-2021, 07:22 PM   #80

Quote:

And you sir, thank you..... your input has made my Escape a muy improved unit.
Hope we can meet sometimes.