Service Department - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2021, 02:57 PM   #41

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
When my furnace motor started squealing in 2009, with Tammy and Reace as owners, I had to take it to an authorized service centre for warranty repair.
Old 07-27-2021, 04:31 PM   #42

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Kessenich View Post
I hope you fully trust me Donna when I say I'm not trying to find faults. I'm trying to be solution driven not fault driven.

I'm going to channel my inner Iowa Dave with this, as for all that drinking of Kool-Aid just remember at some point nature calls, it's just a fact especially if it's a Miller.
We used to always use this Mantra
“When it comes out clear, you know it’s beer.” It was an Iowa boy thing.
Also when sliding off the road in a snowstorm I’ve heard
“Hold my beer and watch this”
Iowa Dave
Old 07-27-2021, 04:39 PM   #43

I have work to do too. The light bulbs burned out on one of our chandeliers. Got new ones though and the
AC works well so just have to find where I set my glasses.
😊
Old 07-27-2021, 04:49 PM   #44

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Kessenich View Post
I hope you fully trust me Donna when I say I'm not trying to find faults. I'm trying to be solution driven not fault driven.

I'm going to channel my inner Iowa Dave with this, as for all that drinking of Kool-Aid just remember at some point nature calls, it's just a fact especially if it's a Miller.
Jeremy, I for one do not perceive you as trying to find faults. Anything manufactured can have problems and I surely understand where you are coming from. I think if you make the leap, whether it be an Escape or an SOB (Some Other Brand) I think you will not find anything all that daunting. As someone has said, mobile RV technicians seem to be better than big RV shops. The independent wouldn’t be in business very long if he/she wasn’t competent. And as far as modifications, if you are not confident in your abilities, perhaps you have acquaintances or relatives who could assist or make whatever mods you would like to have done. Many owners still have unmodified trailers.
As far as an ETI repair shop or after sale willingness to add options, I somewhat expected it would cease to happen under the new ownership. Many of us who dealt with Reace and Tammy lament the direction of ETI under the new ownership. While it may still be a fine product, with the departure of Reace and Tammy, things are just not the same. And while I am very happy with my Escape, I am not sure I would purchase another one should something happen to mine, primarily because the wait is too long and at my age, I’m not sure how much longer I will want to RV.
Old 07-27-2021, 05:00 PM   #45

Hi Carl
I hear you. We could rent all ten units at Riverside Motel and Alf could host the Niagara Geezer Escape
and Chiropractic Rendezvous.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-27-2021, 05:06 PM   #46
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I'm about six hours from the factory... with good traffic.

IF I have axle or appliance or gelcoat issues... AFTER THE WARRANTY would I bother going back to the factory for fixes? Probably NOT, if I could find something local. Twelve hour round trip is a bit much. It would be a WHOLE lot more for someone in... Florida.

In the early days of Reace and Tammy builds, YES they worked on all kinds of all-molded-towables from bolers to Biggars. I have a number of friends that had work done.

But those days are long gone. IF I buy a (vehicle/trailer) from a place that's only known as a 'sales/manufacturing office,' I can't complain that they won't add my running boards or fix my roof fan after the fact. Why should they have a service department dedicated to fix my issues?

I've said before, the two best times of owning a travel trailer are the day you buy... and the day the warranty runs out. BECAUSE at that moment, every fix is YOURS to figure out.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 05:08 PM   #47

Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathytony1985 View Post
We LOVE SPAM!
I’ve tried them all. I like the black pepper flavor. The jalapeño is a little hot for my aging system. When you come north to cool off, you’ll have to visit the SPAM museum in Austin Minnesota, and the Potosi Brewery in Wisconsin and finally the Bily Brothers Clock museum in Spillville Iowa. Might be doable all in one day if you don’t stay too long at the brewery.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-27-2021, 05:14 PM   #48

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I'm about six hours from the factory... with good traffic.
And I'm about an hour and a quarter. I prefer to take my trailer 5 minutes down hill to North Shore RV, an authorized service centre.
Old 07-27-2021, 05:24 PM   #49

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I’ve tried them all. I like the black pepper flavor. The jalapeño is a little hot for my aging system. When you come north to cool off, you’ll have to visit the SPAM museum in Austin Minnesota, and the Potosi Brewery in Wisconsin and finally the Bily Brothers Clock museum in Spillville Iowa. Might be doable all in one day if you don’t stay too long at the brewery.
Iowa Dave
We're going to make a trip next year to the Midwest. We have a daughter and grandkids in New Ulm, MN. Always wanted to check out the SPAM museum. Seen some You Tube videos. Looks like fun!
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 05:27 PM   #50

Trailer: 2023 5.0 TA
Dave, I'm about 1.25 hours from Potosi, if you ever come up let me know. It's not the first time I've read you mentioning it.
Jeremy Kessenich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 07:23 PM   #51

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Before COVID came along Karl Kenny talked about plans for a US manufacturing facility in Texas, as well as regional “maintenance hubs” throughout the US. The COVID border closure and the inability to travel to the US has obviously stalled the Texas site development, but Karl has said plans for that new facility are still in the works. We have not heard an update on the status of the proposed maintenance hubs (authorized RV maintenance sites with established work agreements). Hopefully they can get all that sorted out once they have an opportunity to do so. Darn COVID.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 08:24 AM   #52

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
I actually like working on my rig and maintaining it .
Me too. With any RV I have owned I have never thought I would do different.

Even if not handy, I would just go to the closest repair place with a good record for service. A couple really good portable RV service guys around here, I used one to swap out my A/C on my 5.0TA under warranty.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 11:32 AM   #53

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Those of us that LOVE our Escape Trailers and prefer to NOT find faults have been accused of drinking 'The Escape Kool Aid.'

I'm a proud drinker AND a cheerleader!
I can remember during the war in the 40's there was no candy to be found in my part of Texas (Rationing). For some reason there was always kool-Aid We licked it up instead of mixing with water and you could tell what flavor we liked by the color of our tongue.
Old 07-28-2021, 01:19 PM   #54

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Jeremy, if you can determine if it will fit, the labor time for the replacement rear window in my 17a was 1 hr. The window itself and install were covered by warranty in my case. The install was done locally. I’ve no idea of the window cost.

I wish you luck in the repairs you want. Asking around at RV and boat places may prove lucky.
You might also try messaging any 15 owners you can find here on the forum. Iirc there was a couple at the ‘18 osyoos rally that had done some modifications to their unit.
Old 07-28-2021, 02:16 PM   #55

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerMan View Post
I can remember during the war in the 40's there was no candy to be found in my part of Texas (Rationing). For some reason there was always kool-Aid We licked it up instead of mixing with water and you could tell what flavor we liked by the color of our tongue.
The drinking of the koolaid has to do with Jim Jones, he had his followers commit suicide using koolaid.

From there the term is used to describe lets say followers…
————————————————————————————-

But as far as doing your own repairs, I was installing a new interior door and while doing so it had me thinking about the people unfamiliar with doing your own repairs and updates.

I do quite a bit of this on homes and I’ll tell you if you’d like to get better with your hands do a door install.

Get a interior slab door, its cheap so don’t worry about damaging it. I’d get two, one to practice your cuts with.

Pick out a door in your home and pretend it needs replaced.

On purpose put some nail holes in it, so you can experience the patching and painting of it. There are certain paints you’ll need to use, applicators, on and on.

Now watch some videos on how too.
Make a list of the tools you see them using, you’ll need them. Ryobi are decent enough, they’ve come along way.

Cut out the hinges the knob hole, do it all.

Once you can get this down your on your way.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 02:55 PM   #56

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
None of us knew Jim Jones and Suicide was not on our minds when we licked up the Kool aid.
Old 07-28-2021, 04:12 PM   #57

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerMan View Post
None of us knew Jim Jones and Suicide was not on our minds when we licked up the Kool aid.
You had asked where the phrase originated and it seemed no one really let you know.

It can now be used in different scenarios.

Now you know….
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 06:57 PM   #58

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
You had asked where the phrase originated and it seemed no one really let you know.

It can now be used in different scenarios.

Now you know….
Ironically, Jones used Flavr-Savr brand drink mix.

I know that no harm is meant, but the reason that the phrase can be offensive is that those people for the most part did not commit suicide. The Jonestown massacre was a mass murder where the vast majority of the victims were forced to consume poison. Also, the event started with the murder of a US congressman among others by shooting at the local airport.

On the one hand, I'm like "Ha, yeah. These cultists were so deluded that they willingly drank poison for their leader." And several of them really were that far in and commited.

But then I think about how they probably used Flavr-Savr because so many of the victims were children and I think "Oh, yeah......"
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:43 PM   #59

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
When I took the 21 to Chilliwack to have the solar panel installed I also bought a new closet door. Nigel selected my new one out of old stock and it matched the rest of our cabinetry perfectly. He quoted the door and the install and used my original hardware. The price was reasonable and a lot better than if I would have had to be careful with the new one for nearly 2000 miles and then install it myself. It was easier for me to catch and sell a couple raccoons than to install the door. I never found Escape’s charges to be at all excessive. And I’m pretty tight. YMMV with dealer selected. Make yourself happy, life is too short to eat cheap chocolate or drink flat beer.
Iowa Dave
How much do you want for a couple raccoons Dave?
Would you take a lightly used porcupine in trade?
Old 07-28-2021, 08:32 PM   #60

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Nigel was great with us too; would be pleasantly surprised if he is still there.