What did you do for your Escape today..... - Page 102 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-07-2023, 07:05 PM   #2021

Trailer: 2022 Escape 19
Almost forgot couple other mods....

I moved my batteries inside! Had ordered with the 22" extra deep U-dinette bench seat so they fit very nicely under there. Besides area not being much use (difficult access). Which leaves room for a couple more batteries if someone was so inclined. Battery at right fit snug up against Lagun brace there, added just a few retention frame pieces to the floor for both. Also probably minimized most resistance loss due to shortest cables. I do have 2 solar panels on roof and contemplating portable one to connect to Zamp port. Not to mention freeing up LOTS of room in the front trunk. I say 'someone' as we are expecting to trade up to 21NE in the future.

'Backstabbers' were bothering me occasionally in some places, had contemplated some other suggested alternatives, but discovered (I think) a simpler and quicker method. Take the bolt loose on one side and just the extra inch or so of blank plastic spacer section could be cutoff easily with Dremel & cutoff wheel flush to the tensioner piece, then cut bolt length accordingly and mount back to window frame. Plastic could be cut held in hand, used vice-grips for bolt cutoff, all in place in trailer. Had to turn on inverter... Tension did not have to be changed at all. I did end up doing this on all but one window (foot of bed).
Attached Thumbnails
20230707_182330.jpg   20230707_182338.jpg   20230707_182845.jpg  
Camp@Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 08:17 PM   #2022

Trailer: 2022 Escape 19
Sorry, I don't have specs on the faucet supply hose, came with my trailer. I had searched for one a long time but not found at any h/w store or big-box before I figured out not needed with this solution. Certainly not any kind of standard hose used in USA I guess. Maybe could get from Escape or source anyway. Also came with the screw on connection at the output supply side, but needs nipple for my hose solution. As mentioned, the screw on nipples came with the tank I bought so just make sure they're included, not always. Any good water supply hose that fits those nipple connections should be adequate.
Camp@Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 06:01 PM   #2023

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
I accomplished a bunch of small stuff today in preparation for an upcoming trip.

Flushed the hot water tank and changed the anode.

Installed a 2.5 lb. ABC fire extinguisher to replace the little original that came with the trailer in 2015.

Put up a key holder/cell phone shelf by the door.

And organizers at the foot of the bed on each side.

Old 07-23-2023, 01:16 PM   #2024

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Aw, come on, there was lot's of znic left on that annode.

It's those little useful mods that make it your own.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 06:57 PM   #2025

Propane hose and gages

I have lot's of spares, heck, I even have some spare spares. But the one spare that I didn't have was a propane hose. Given the number of hoses that have developed cracks it seemed like a good idea to get some. While I was doing that it also seemed like I may as well stick on a couple of gages.

I couldn't believe the hoops that I had to jump through to get a path that didn't involve a small radius bend. Ended up using 15'" s/s hoses and 90* fittings to get a smooth layout that also didn't interfere with the propane cover.

The hoses cross over so the regulator lever isn't pointing to the tank in use. Not a problem for me as I only open one tank at a time.

I though it'd be about a 10 minute job. I was wrong.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0014_resize.JPG   IMGP0015_resize.JPG  
Old 07-23-2023, 07:49 PM   #2026

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I have lot's of spares, heck, I even have some spare spares. But the one spare that I didn't have was a propane hose. Given the number of hoses that have developed cracks it seemed like a good idea to get some. While I was doing that it also seemed like I may as well stick on a couple of gages.

I couldn't believe the hoops that I had to jump through to get a path that didn't involve a small radius bend. Ended up using 15'" s/s hoses and 90* fittings to get a smooth layout that also didn't interfere with the propane cover.

The hoses cross over so the regulator lever isn't pointing to the tank in use. Not a problem for me as I only open one tank at a time.

I though it'd be about a 10 minute job. I was wrong.

Ron
I purchased these hoses, which worked well for the 21 NE.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B7KDHKSZ...roduct_details
Attached Thumbnails
71MJ+jfWgvL._AC_SS450_.jpeg  
DGLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 10:34 PM   #2027

I can see right away that was the way to go. The 90* end makes the job much easier.

Way to go.

Ron
Old 07-30-2023, 09:37 AM   #2028

Trailer: 2021 21C
Finally finished the new custom fit cover for our E21. It was quite the task but I think it came out pretty nice.
Attached Thumbnails
20230730_092418.jpg   20230730_092449.jpg   20230730_092408.jpg  
Ryanb-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 09:50 AM   #2029

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21NE "Escape to Margaritaville"
Looks like a fantastic job Ryanb-72. You've got some hours in that for sure. One of a kind and looking FANTASTIC!!!!

Cheers... and Happy Trails to ya!!

My AVATAR to the left are custom name plaques that I engrave to give an added touch to the Escape Trailer. Click on it to get a closer look.
jack sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 10:00 AM   #2030

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B "L'Escaboose" with 2021 Ford F150 XLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanb-72 View Post
Finally finished the new custom fit cover for our E21. It was quite the task but I think it came out pretty nice.
Beautiful job! Wow!
Nindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 05:17 PM   #2031
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanb-72 View Post
Wowza, that is nice. Great job! You now have a covered E21 that is also has a roof over it. That should look new for a long, long time.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 06:33 PM   #2032

Very impressive, what a project.

What material did you use?

Ron
Old 07-30-2023, 08:30 PM   #2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Very impressive, what a project.

What material did you use?

Ron
Thanks!

I purchased all of the supplies from sailrite. The fabric was the Top Notch 9.

Ryan
Old 07-30-2023, 08:33 PM   #2034

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageRpod View Post
Wowza, that is nice. Great job! You now have a covered E21 that is also has a roof over it. That should look new for a long, long time.
Thanks,
Yes the roof was last summers big DIY project.
Old 08-24-2023, 03:38 PM   #2035
Ops

Trailer: 2020 - 21NE "JoMoE" (Just our Means of Escape)
Dogs & Screen Armour

After several camping trips with our two large dogs, it's a wee bit of a challenge getting them hooked up and out the door first thing in the morning, as they crowd the door and fill the space between the counter and the bench seat. They don't scratch (or haven't) at the screen door (though it could be a concern if they have a significant "need to go out"), but 150 lbs of doggo's combined could certainly stress a screen and door frame without much effort.

I ordered a Lippert screen door 'defender' which didn't fit properly. It was too flimsy for what I needed anyway, so I returned it

I wanted a visible barrier with substance, that might hold back one or both dogs if they lean up against the door. Plus something that would mitigate any 'scratching' at the screen from getting worse. After installing an aluminium privacy screen on our home patio, I contemplated installing that, but the price and the designs available just didn't meet our needs, plus making a mistake fitting it would destroy an expensive piece of metal.

I finally located a potential product at Home Depot, a 2' x 4' x 0.3" white vinyl decorative panel, which I trimmed to size, and attached to the screen door with self tapping screws. Our first camping trip this spring confirmed that it would work, our dogs recognized the barrier being there, and the pushing on the screen was reduced.

The panel is flush with the screen, so if the dogs press on the screen, it's retained and doesn't bulge with the pressure. Screwed to the door frame, it provides both rigidity and visible barrier to them as well. PLUS it allows air flow unlike a solid sheet of metal or plastic. Also, the panel is thin enough that there's no restriction in the outer door closing or opening properly. $40CDN with taxes, and a couple hours of measuring, fiddling and fitting.

The Doggo's approve
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0791.jpg   IMG_0792.jpg   IMG_0790.jpg   IMG_0794.jpg  
Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 03:48 PM   #2036

Trailer: Escape 17B, July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ops View Post
After several camping trips with our two large dogs, it's a wee bit of a challenge getting them hooked up and out the door first thing in the morning, as they crowd the door and fill the space between the counter and the bench seat. They don't scratch (or haven't) at the screen door (though it could be a concern if they have a significant "need to go out"), but 150 lbs of doggo's combined could certainly stress a screen and door frame without much effort.

I ordered a Lippert screen door 'defender' which didn't fit properly. It was too flimsy for what I needed anyway, so I returned it

I wanted a visible barrier with substance, that might hold back one or both dogs if they lean up against the door. Plus something that would mitigate any 'scratching' at the screen from getting worse. After installing an aluminium privacy screen on our home patio, I contemplated installing that, but the price and the designs available just didn't meet our needs, plus making a mistake fitting it would destroy an expensive piece of metal.

I finally located a potential product at Home Depot, a 2' x 4' x 0.3" white vinyl decorative panel, which I trimmed to size, and attached to the screen door with self tapping screws. Our first camping trip this spring confirmed that it would work, our dogs recognized the barrier being there, and the pushing on the screen was reduced.

The panel is flush with the screen, so if the dogs press on the screen, it's retained and doesn't bulge with the pressure. Screwed to the door frame, it provides both rigidity and visible barrier to them as well. PLUS it allows air flow unlike a solid sheet of metal or plastic. Also, the panel is thin enough that there's no restriction in the outer door closing or opening properly. $40CDN with taxes, and a couple hours of measuring, fiddling and fitting.

The Doggo's approve
Great tip for dog owners. So far so good with our guy but a squirrel running across the campsite could change that fast !
I’ll keep an eye out for that plastic next trip to HD !

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8387.jpg  
Lanark Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 05:06 PM   #2037

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
Quote:

The Doggo's approve
Great job.
And in true Canadian fashion you used Robertson-head screws.
Old 08-24-2023, 05:29 PM   #2038

Original and well done.

Robertson head screws, well that's a no-brainer, I'd use them even if they weren't a Canadian invention.

Ron
Old 08-24-2023, 05:37 PM   #2039

Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Quote:
The Doggo's approve
Nice job what with addressing the animal psychology and retaining the ability to enjoy the breeze.

Add to that, the fabrication and install with strategic cutouts for the hinge screws, door handle, etc. was very nicely done.

We don’t need no stinkin’ Lippert!
Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 08:34 PM   #2040

Trailer: Escape
I thought I had a tough problem ahead in changing out the city water inlet check valve, but it turned out to be unnecessary and maybe there is a tip for others.

I was replacing the little filter screen at the city water inlet. So I opened the cold water faucet to bleed off any water pressure in the line. But I could not press the check valve inward to test it. Solid. Then, before I got out the wrenches I opened a hot water faucet and quite a bit more water ran out. Then I could press the check valve and confirm it was still good.

Anyway it was a surprise to me that the hot and cold water lines are independent of each other when it comes to pressure at the city water inlet. I'm not sure why that is but in the future I will be sure to release pressure from both sides if I have to work on the system.
Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote