Vaccines are here! Have you started your series? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-28-2021, 08:41 PM   #61

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
My 89 year old mother gets her second dose next week! What a relief. Her assisted living has been wonderful in their handling of this virus. We got our first Phizer dose yesterday, second scheduled for Feb. 17! All of us feel great, a little soreness in the arm is all. We plan to pack up and head to the Texas Hill Country for the bluebonnets and to finally see our grandkids in Leander once we are through the waiting period. I can’t describe how much joy we are feeling, just anticipating time with those youngsters! Packing our masks, disposable gloves, etc. as we will continue to take precautions. Praying the roll out is fast for everyone.
Treblemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 10:32 PM   #62

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Iowa Dave... I read today on the Ram Diesel forum that FCA has cured Co-vivid. They simply assigned it a part number and no one can get it!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Too funny, Alf, thanks for the belly-laff, always appreciated these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
For once it's good to be old! We just got our first Moderna shot this afternoon. Still incredibly lucky to get an appointment, kind of like trying to get a campsite at Arches NP, but we lucked out. Now we should be able to get our second dose at the end of Feb. before we leave on a two month trip in March, we had been sweating that.
Congrats David and Mary! Glad you were able to get that off your pre-trip checklist!

(and thanks again for the recent 'second look' at your 5.0 - very helpful as always, I'm very close now to that final build-sheet! )
Old 01-29-2021, 12:05 AM   #63

Trailer: 2022 21C, our second Escape
We are in Oregon, both 49 and don't work with people. So I think it'll be mid to late summer for us? It feels like being in Group 9 to board an airplane. My hope is that if it takes long enough, maybe we can get a single dose formula.
Small but Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 10:56 AM   #64

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
The story of the vaccine team stranded on the snowy road out of the Illinois Valley on their way to Grants Pass is a hoot--they had a few doses left and went car to car offering them to people.

https://www.kdrv.com/content/news/Jo...573672301.html
Old 01-29-2021, 11:47 AM   #65

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I got shot #1 about an hour ago at a local pharmacy. At the same time, scheduled #2.
Old 01-29-2021, 12:12 PM   #66

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Got my Pfizer shot #1 yesterday and second one scheduled.

Today, a sore arm but nothing else. So it appears I will in fact be herding those disorderly and unruly Arches campers this spring. Yes, David, I'll be keeping a close eye on you.

--
Alan
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 07:43 PM   #67

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmalk View Post
Got my Pfizer shot #1 yesterday and second one scheduled.

Today, a sore arm but nothing else. So it appears I will in fact be herding those disorderly and unruly Arches campers this spring. Yes, David, I'll be keeping a close eye on you.

--
Alan

Alan- When will you be at Arches? It's on my planned route in May. If you're there then maybe I can stop by and say hello.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 07:48 PM   #68

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
We just received an e-mail to be at Fair Park in Dallas between 1 and 1:30 tomorrow for our first vaccination shot. I was expecting a little more notice. But we will make it.
We plan to stay put through March so we can get the second shot and have plenty of time for the anti-bodies to build up.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:50 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
Alan- When will you be at Arches? It's on my planned route in May. If you're there then maybe I can stop by and say hello.
Our hosting assignment is March/April/May, and we will be parked in site 35. Do drop by if you can.

Hope you already have reservations. Everything we have looked at in the state of Utah seems to be booked. Boondocking on unrestricted BLM property seems to be the last option.

--
Alan
Old 01-31-2021, 09:32 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmalk View Post
Hope you already have reservations.

--
Alan

Since I'm just passing through I intend to try the first-come, first-served campground at Willow Flats in Canyonlands. I've done this before in May and it worked. If I can get a spot I'll drive over and visit. Otherwise, I'll catch you next time.
Old 02-01-2021, 09:28 AM   #71

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Never knew about Willow Flats Campground (us313) and though much deeper into the Canyonlands area and not as close to Arches as Gold Bar (us279- where we met), it looks to me like a really good alternative spot so well off the track from very popular Arches NP.
Attached Thumbnails
MikeDHors.jpg  
Old 02-01-2021, 09:44 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
very popular Arches NP.
The ultra-popular Arches main gate frequently closes between roughly 10 AM to 2 PM to prevent overcrowding in the parking areas in the busy seasons. Arrive early if you can.
--
Alan
Old 02-01-2021, 09:53 AM   #73

Willow Flats is very close to the Green River Overlook. I've photographed the overlook several times but I still don't have what I want, so I want to try it again.
Old 02-01-2021, 09:56 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Never knew about Willow Flats Campground (us313) and though much deeper into the Canyonlands area and not as close to Arches as Gold Bar (us279- where we met), it looks to me like a really good alternative spot so well off the track from very popular Arches NP.

My hat doesn't match my coat, dang! That was a fun adventure.
Old 02-01-2021, 09:56 AM   #75

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Myson
Got my first vaccine yesterday. I am considered an essential story teller in category xyz. The shot was administered at a hospital associated Health “plaza” in Cedar Rapids. Totally seamless experience. Very friendly and professional. My nurse was about 35 years old. She admitted that I had the best looking 73 year old arm she had seen in a long time. No pain there or since. Second shot on the 23rd of Feb. Rita gets her first one on Friday. My attitude has come up about 100 percent. Best of luck to everyone in scheduling and getting their shot.
Iowa Dave
Hi Dave - Glad you got the vaccine! All the best of health to you and your family!

It might be good to remove the picture of your vaccine card. It contains personally identifiable information which can be (mis)used. There are several warnings on the internet regarding this.
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 10:25 AM   #76

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
Quote:
Willow Flats is very close to the Green River Overlook. I've photographed the overlook several times but I still don't have what I want, so I want to try it again.

There's also Dead Horse Point SP, which is good in the hot season as there is power.

No idea how busy it is now, everything seems kinda nuts during the pandemic.

Anecdote about DHPSP - I was there in July 2016 and was out in the night shooting starfields. Earlier in the say I'd seen a pair of V-22 Ospreys fly over.

I see a bright light on the western horizon. At first I thought it might be headlights over on the road to Canyonlands. Then I see the light appears to be ascending and I wonder if it is the V-22s again. As I watch, the light is climbing and starts to break up into multiple pieces and I realize it is some kind of large meteor.

In the end I found out a week or two later that what I saw was some giant piece of space junk reentering. Apparently it had been visible across quite a bit of the western US.
Attached Thumbnails
JMG_0988.jpg  
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 10:33 AM   #77

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Been going to the area for last 7 years; this last September was the absolute worst for crowding. Didn't help they had Hwy 191 torn up through town either.

Dead Horse always seems full when we've tried and the spots are really close to each other. Horsetheif is a BLM cg and we've always been able to find a spot as long as we get there around noon.
Old 02-01-2021, 10:34 AM   #78

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyG View Post
There's also Dead Horse Point SP, which is good in the hot season as there is power.

No idea how busy it is now, everything seems kinda nuts during the pandemic.
Unfortunately Dead Horse Point has become like winning the lottery to get reservations - each day whatever new sites come open for 4 months out are booked immediately. It now requires advance planning and a lot of luck to get a spot there.
Old 02-01-2021, 10:53 AM   #79

Trailer: 2021 Escape 17B
Quote:
I'm 64, so below Florida's current 65+ cutoff for vaccine eligibility. But I have strategically remained fat so that perhaps I can get bumped ahead in the queue. We'll see if it works.
jediwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 12:13 PM   #80

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Mike, it's not the hat, it's the light - always the light.
Getting my first shot tomorrow morning at the VA.
Attached Thumbnails
Canyonroad1.jpg