Casita 17' vs Escape 17B - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2019, 06:43 AM   #28

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Nakis View Post
I totally agree with the sound advice of trying to check out & step inside ANY trailer or RV you're considering prior to deciding to purchase. That said, when it comes to Casita vs. Escape I am a confirmed Escapee! We purchased our 17B way back in 2005 when Reace & Tammy were just getting the business going. We considered and checked out Casitas, Scamps, and Bigfoots but chose the Escape. I have friends who recently bought a Casita because it was slightly less money and Casita could expedite completion and delivery. The wife in this case has not been totally happy with the choice. The Escapes just seem to have a bit more room and I prefer the lay-out. Also, we live close to the Canadian border so it is convenient for us to go to the factory. Considering your home location, it might be easier for you to take delivery of an Escape in southern British Columbia rather than drive down to Texas to pick up a Casita. One more thing: Escape did not yet offer their 19' unit but if I could do it over that model would be my choice. I can't convince my wife to upgrade though, she loves our 17B too much! I recommend you take a hard look at both the 17B and the 19. Good luck!
Wow, where have you been Art?, one of the original Escape owners and only 3 posts, come back more often with your historical information, others may want to hear.

Tags
casita, comparison, spirit