Current top picks for tow vehicle for 21' - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2017, 11:58 AM   #9

Trailer: Escape 21, July 2018 delivery
Thanks for the quick replies guys, much appreciated. The video link provided is one of the items which originally identified the issue for me.

As far as I recall, the intake valve issue that Mercedes is dealing with is the same as the one with the ecoboost engine - valve fouling in a direct injected gasoline engine. I understand that Mercedes at least, and perhaps other makers, are attempting to cure the problem by blasting the backside of the valves with walnut shells, which can be done without removing the heads (I can just hear the conversation in the shop with the tech that does this with the intake valve open). No sign that Ford has tried this yet.

Interesting that the Sprinter engine is also having problems, we were once thinking of a sprinter van as the next rv, but no longer. Too many issues with the diesel, and too expensive both initially and from depreciation. Even the better half has come around, and she hates towing - couldn't back a trailer to save a life at this point. We may have to work on that...
AllanEdie is offline   Reply With Quote