Yet another Texan headed to Chilliwack! - Page 16 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-13-2017, 11:34 AM   #301
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Tripcheck is your best bet. During daylight hours you'll get real time camera views and text warnings: https://tripcheck.com/Pages/RCMap.asp
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 12:33 PM   #302

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Rich, in addition to the advice of Donna, my own two cents is to be aware of the Brookings / Crescent City area weather. Based solely on my own experience.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:40 PM   #303

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Last dash to Chilliwack

We are in Eugene Oregon. Tomorrow we head up to Chilliwack. We will spend Thurs and Fri there and drive back Fri evening. Originally we were planning to spend Friday night, but the hotel rooms were more than double the price of Wed and Thurs nights.

We called ETI and made appointments with the sales representative. We were disappointed we could not get a factory tour due to the construction. However we plan to finalize our build sheet, deliver our upholstery material, order the counter and floor from Pioneer and pay for the trailer.

Friday we had an exciting trip through the San Francisco area due to the wind. First we had a tree fall across the road about 100 yards in front of us. We were able to slip under it when it got hung up on a fence. Then we drove cross a muddy field because a tree was down across the entry to Hwy 101. Finally we sat on Hwy 101 for 4 1/2 hours while a huge tree and power lines that had fallen across the highway were cleaned up.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:00 AM   #304
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardr View Post
We are in Eugene Oregon. Tomorrow we head up to Chilliwack. We will spend Thurs and Fri there and drive back Fri evening. Originally we were planning to spend Friday night, but the hotel rooms were more than double the price of Wed and Thurs nights.

We called ETI and made appointments with the sales representative. We were disappointed we could not get a factory tour due to the construction. However we plan to finalize our build sheet, deliver our upholstery material, order the counter and floor from Pioneer and pay for the trailer.

Friday we had an exciting trip through the San Francisco area due to the wind. First we had a tree fall across the road about 100 yards in front of us. We were able to slip under it when it got hung up on a fence. Then we drove cross a muddy field because a tree was down across the entry to Hwy 101. Finally we sat on Hwy 101 for 4 1/2 hours while a huge tree and power lines that had fallen across the highway were cleaned up.
Just having too much fun, eh? Makes for good story..........

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:19 AM   #305

Trailer: 2017 Escape21. Pick up date May,2017
Based on the travel experiences of the past month or so,Texans want those trailers really badly. Hopefully, May will be much calmer.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:42 AM   #306

Trailer: 2013 Casita (Sold) 2017 Escape 21
d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
Based on the travel experiences of the past month or so,Texans want those trailers really badly. Hopefully, May will be much calmer.
Yes, I can attest to the fact that Texans are absolutely crazy about these trailers and will drive through almost any conditions to go get them! We even went so far as to purchase chains to ensure we could get up there (didn't need them though!) Be safe everyone!

Never underestimate a man with a Degree in Physical Education.
H46Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:04 AM   #307
Site Team

Coming northbound in the next 5-6 days, pay attention to the weather in Oregon (and north) again. It's liable to get sloppy, snowy on the passes. I swear, this has been the longest winter...
Old 02-22-2017, 08:36 AM   #308

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Winter, what's that?

Donna,
We're having the softest winter of my nearly 7 decade life. It's going to be about 75F today in eastern Iowa, which will break an all time high for February set in 1921. Robins are hopping around in the yard, snow geese overhead and worms on the driveway after it rained on Sunday. We are cruising for a botanical butt kicking.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:49 AM   #309

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Dave, I have to agree, I've never seen a February like this one in Wisconsin. Daffodils and tulips are starting to emerge from the ground. A hard frost is going to be tough. Last year we also had a very warm early spring, followed by a late hard killing frost. Local apple orchards were decimated.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:10 AM   #310

Trailer: 2017 19' 5/02/17
Yesterday sitting on the river wall fishing wallys, today trimming apple trees. Its suppose to hit 70 then a foot of snow coming for you folks two hundred miles north.
bsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:10 AM   #311
Site Team

It's currently 35 degrees and raining at my house. I don't think my hands and feet have been warm since October!
Old 02-22-2017, 10:08 AM   #312

Trailer: '87 Bigfoot 20DLX 5er (sold) - 2017 Escape 5.0 TA: Sep-17
Quote:

Rick & Vicky,

We might see you on Thursday, Ginny & I are in Chilliwack today and tomorrow. We were planning to depart on Friday, but we may head out of town a bit early to get back to Dear Sister's home in Portland. They have some predicted. Snow is predicted down there; we don't want to be on the roads if it appears.

Rich & Ginny from Houston
ReagentGrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:15 AM   #313

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
It's currently 35 degrees and raining at my house. I don't think my hands and feet have been warm since October!
Retired, with a 5.0 TA, you should be set up somewhere by the beach and 70 degrees.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:17 AM   #314

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
You can come visit us in balmy Wisconsin. If this weather pattern continues we can start becoming a winter getaway destination!

I'm sure Dave in Tropical Iowa would welcome you too!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:58 PM   #315

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Warm hearts, cold libations, dry wood, free power, dark sky, guard dog, 500 feet to the nearest neighbor. Fresh water. Tractor rides. Free fertilizer. Strawberries in June, apples in September. Pork and more pork. Why did we buy the Escape? Oh yeh No mountains.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:08 PM   #316
Site Team

What can I say? UPDATE: I-5 reopens after landslide cleared in Southern Oregon
Old 02-26-2017, 04:11 PM   #317

ETI Visit

We made it up to ETI for 2 days and back to Eugene Oregon where we left our Casita at Armitage Park. We experienced rain, a little hail and sleet on the drive up and back, but it was dry the entire time we were in Chilliwack.

We stayed at the Travel Lodge. We got an AARP rate of $69 a night, plus tax, for Thurs and Fri nights. The room was nice, but no breakfast. They have an IHOP attached to the hotel.

We met with Joldie and went over all our build options on Thursday. Then Friday we signed off on our build sheet and wrote a check for in USD for the amount we owed on the trailer. When our check was processed our exchange rate was about 77.8 US cents per Canadian dollar. I was hoping for a little better.

We ordered our flooring from Pioneer. They have samples for all 5 of the sheet vinyl products they sell. They let us take a couple of samples back to ETI to see how they would look in the trailer. We brought up Armstrong samples but went with a Mannington's Empire Field Stone Gray in their gold (mid line) vinyl. We felt the Armstrong products were overpriced. Our counter tops are a Basalt Slate and our fabric is a black and white floral pattern. We brought 25 yards of material with us to get fully wrapped cushions on a u-shaped dinette plus extra for a curtain around the foot of the bed.

We are now hoping our delivery date gets moved up and will be looking for a tow vehicle. Although I think we could use the 4Runner we pull our Casita with, I would like something with a greater towing and hitch weight capacity.
Old 02-26-2017, 04:45 PM   #318

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
When you say a curtain around the foot of the bed, can you elaborate?
Old 02-26-2017, 07:17 PM   #319

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Quote:

We are now hoping our delivery date gets moved up and will be looking for a tow vehicle. Although I think we could use the 4Runner we pull our Casita with, I would like something with a greater towing and hitch weight capacity.

Conga-Rats on moving forward with your build sheet. Delivery time will come before you know it!

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:55 PM   #320

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
When you say a curtain around the foot of the bed, can you elaborate?
Unfortunately it is not a option, so we will have to build a track or curtain rod where we can close the bed off. Vicky likes to sleep in and I prefer to get up earlier (not early).